Monday 14 July 2014

An Interview with Blackbeard!

My Dearest Lucy,

Thank you for your last letter! Yes indeed, I am pleased to tell you that preparations for this years Festival (August 2 – 4) are well underway! As I have been doing for the last few weeks, I have been busy speaking with all the residents of Dry Bluffs in order to introduce you to them before your much anticipated visit!  This week, I spoke with Captain Blackbeard, otherwise known as Edward Teach, but hereabouts we call him Blackbeard.



You may remember that I wrote to tell you that the young ladies in town – those that we thought were the Major General’s daughters were revealed to actually be Blackbeard’s daughters! So it is that Blackbeard is the father of at least 8 girls (yes indeed, not a boy among them!), those who I have met are Angelica, Mad Mary, Mabel, Missy, Maude, Matilda, Meredith, and Maddy. One is never sure, with Blackbeard, just what else he has hidden away, so there is no telling how many more there actually are! 



Blackbeard, although a fierce pirate at times, also has a gentler side, although he would not thank me for telling you this! I know you will guard this a close secret, so I may sleep soundly, and not worry that he lose his temper! Many a festival day I have watched Blackbeard consort with the younger children, trying to recruit them to his crew. 



That said, he does also have a reputation for being the fiercest pirate in living history, and he certainly has a manner of speaking that one does not quickly forget! He has a propensity for wearing black to match his beard, which I tell you so you may recognize him!


Anthea: What prompted you to choose a life of Piracy?. Are you happy with that choice?
Blackbeard: The one thing that got me into piracy was MONEY!!!!!! Is there any other reason? I am so happy with my choice because it made me a captain.

Anthea: What is your greatest Stress or Anxiety?

Blackbeard:  My greatest stress since being in Dry Bluffs is that I can't get out of this damn town because there is NO WATER for our ships, we are so dry docked it isn't funny. If by some miracle we got rain and it gave us enough water to get out of here, I would leave to sail the seven seas again and stay out until we needed provisions. If we needed to dock, I would make sure the place was FULL of water so that we could leave once provisions were gotten.



So, there you have it, Dearest Lucy, a peek into the private, village bound life of the fierce pirate known as Blackbeard! Do write back with any further questions you might have!



Affectionately, Anthea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? Anthea loves hearing from you!