Thursday 17 July 2014

An Interview with Smash!

Dearest Lucy,

I have managed to track down one of the stars of a travelling troupe of Entertainers known as Smash, Bash, and Crabbe, who have promised to return for all three festival days!. I was fortunate enough to speak with Smash, and here is a transcript of our conversation so that you may get to know her before you see her in action. I am so pleased that I managed to track her down for you!


Anthea:    Please introduce yourself, and include any nicknames you may be known as.
Smash: My name is No-Patch, Two-Eyes, Sophia Smashing, but my friends just call me Smash, since I tend to smash into things, cause I’m a little accident prone!  I don't really have a rank at the moment.  I'm kind of ... between ships you might say.

Anthea: How and when did you come to Dry Bluffs?
Smash: I arrived in Dry Bluffs just recently.  Still getting me bearings and I'm chasing a trea... I mean I'm looking for new shipmates, if they'll have me. (Phew that was close).
Anthea: If you had a day in which you could do anything within the village, what would you do?
Smash: It would certainly not be swabbing the decks.  That's what I calls BOOOOOOORRRRRRINNNNNNNGGGGG!  I suppose I might find someone who wanted to do a real pirate toast with me.  That would be smashing!

Anthea: If you hadn’t become a pirate, what other role / job might you have done?
Smash: Probably would be a bored housewife in some land-locked village somewheres.  Having to wash floors all the time.  Ewwww.  Whew dodged me that bullet!
 Anthea: What are your greatest stresses / anxieties?
Smash: Stress?  Why stress if you're a pirate?  If something or someone stresses you, you just fix it (usually by smashing it) or by telling the person rather loudly (or smashing them).  No stress.
  
Anthea: What is the strangest thing that has ever happened to you?
Smash: Finding a land locked village full of so many pirates.  It's uncanny.  Well that and the time a man with a hook tried to poke me eye out.




So Lucy, there you have it. The life of a piratical entertainer. Now that I think about it, it doesn’t seem so different from the life of any other pirate in the village. That said, the show that Smash stars in is still very entertaining, and I highly recommend taking time to watch one if the performances by Smash, Bash, and Crabbe!

Affectionately, 

Anthea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? Anthea loves hearing from you!