Monday 30 July 2012

For the Adults...

My Dearest Lucy!

I realized that I probably should have written more in my last letter, to let you know that of course there is more than enough to entertain adults as well as children! The annual Pirate Festival is unusually successful at ensuring that people of all ages are entertained all day long! Over the last few years, I have spoken with people of all ages who found our festival to be completely their particular brand of fun!



Other than the children’s stage I mentioned in my last letter, there are an additional 3 stages of fun and entertainment – most of the shows of them are children friendly, but some of the humour is more suited to a more mature audience! The program of events will guide people to the shows they will enjoy! As an adult without children myself, I have always enjoyed that there is much at the Pirate Festival that is geared towards adults as well as children!



There is much that is scheduled to happen in Dry Bluffs on the day of the Festival – I have called a village council meeting, where you, my dear Lucy, can sit and overhear all the latest news – although Mr. Sparsgood calls it more gossip – and learn what is going on in the village! I know you will forgive the interruption to our shopping – I am the Chairperson, and must attend, or nothing at all will be accomplished!

The Shipwrecked stage usually hosts shows more suited to an older crowd – last year there was a full fledged fight during a pirate’s parlay – you must stop by to find out what occurs this year! There is rumour of a “Dating Game” of some kind – but I have as of yet been unable to find out more details! “Zoltan the Adequate” – an entertainer without peer; will also be doing several shows throughout the day – his show usually involves some audience participation which keeps things fresh and new!



Throughout the day, there is much to see in our village – if you dare, you could visit one of our two sea sages who may make more sense than usual! If you are watchful, you may be able to witness one of the several duels that seem to occur on an almost daily basis! Living with so many Pirates in town makes it difficult to get through a day without at least 2 or 3! I tell you, Lucy, I have been considering taking a few lessons in fencing myself – terribly unladylike, I know, but one of these days I am sure that only with a blade in my hand will I be able to effect any lasting change!



Lucy, I know you enjoy live music, so we will be sure to take an opportunity to pause in the tavern awhile, and catch a few musical shows – between The Pirates McKenna, the ScIrish Mob, and Captain Tor, there is always something happening in the Thirsty Parrot Tavern! As you may have guessed, I am also known to enjoy a nice tankard of grog as the day draws to a close!



On Saturday night, the tavern will be staying open late for our annual Captain’s Keg – a party specifically for adults! The bar Mistress is kept quite busy this evenings, and songs and entertainment last well into the night – it is a late night to be sure, but not to be missed! No one parties quite so well as pirates!



I have quite run out of room – and shall have to rely on my earlier correspondence to remind you of the mud show, and all the things there are to see in our village! The shopping is unparalleled – things you cannot buy anywhere else! I can hardly wait until our festival days!

Affectionately, Anthea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? Anthea loves hearing from you!