Monday 2 July 2012

Fun in the Mud!

My dearest Lucy!
It has been so long since last I wrote – I trust you will forgive me! They say the mail is uncommonly slow – most like the pirates are slowing the ships that so regularly travel between here and there! As I have yet to hear back from you, I can only hope that you have received my last few letters! At the risk of being repetitive, I will again entreat you to attend on August 4th, 5th, and 6th, beginning at ten in the morning!
Plans for this year’s festival days are well underway, and I thought I would tell you more about a unique entertainment that is very popular at the Pirate festival! Every day, running 2 or 3 times each day, we are pleased to host a Mud Show! Now – as you can imagine, I never choose to sit too close to the front, being careful about my gown – but it is a very popular entertainment with people of all ages! Despite the risk of getting too close a look at the mud, I try to watch as many as I can, for it is a rare form of art!

Imagine if you will, a pit full of mud – 2 feet deep at least, and larger than any of the other stages - a group of performers then appear, and reveal the story they will tell! Past years have involved belly flops of cosmic proportions – and the squeals of mixed delight and disgust fill the air as the actors get more and more immersed in their work! I have not yet heard what stories are in the works for this year – but every year there is something new, and even to watch the same story again is entertaining every time!

I shall save you a spot at the back – there is usually shade for such shows, but do ensure you have a hat as well – it is one of the most popular shows to see, and there is no guarantee that we shall be able to sit! Or – if you prefer, wear an older gown you do not mind getting muddy, and we shall brave the front!
Looking forward to seeing the festival through your eyes!
Affectionately,
Anthea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? Anthea loves hearing from you!