Wednesday 11 July 2012

Treasure!

My Dearest Lucy!

I cannot believe I have failed to mention this in more detail! The most astonishing thing is on display in the midst of our village! No one can quite remember when precisely it appeared, but we have seen it so long, that at times it seems almost commonplace! It is the topic of much gossip in our village, as you will imagine – but I will not keep you in suspense any longer – in the midst of Dry Bluffs is displayed an immense pile of treasure, guarded by only a sign as protection! Now, as you might imagine, this is a bold thing in a village so full of pirates!



As of the writing of this letter, no one has dared get too close, but everyone who passes it pauses for a good long moment, considering the risks! Let me tell you, it is not just the pirates who eye this hoard – even I myself have considered what a treasure like that could mean for me! Imagine! The opportunity to move to somewhere that I could actually shop and get new gowns for any occasion! The opportunity to travel, and not be tied to this meager existence!

This treasure is on display, taunting each of us, but one thing stops us from crossing the line, one thing too terrible to risk. The sign I mentioned previously – states clearly and irrevocably that the treasure belongs to Blackbeard – the most fearsome pirate that any of us knows of! There is a general fear that if we were to take even a single piece, Blackbeard would appear and raze the entire village to the ground! This threat stops even the boldest among us from attempting anything!




I shall endeavour to keep you apprised of this situation as we get closer to the festival days on August 4th, 5th and 6th – it may be that if you visit, you too will be able to behold this wonder with your own eyes! We shall all pray that nothing happens between now and then to change the status! Looking forward to seeing you!

Affectionately, Anthea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? Anthea loves hearing from you!