Thursday 4 July 2013

Recent History



My Dearest Lucy,
In preparation of your anticipated visit at this year’s pirate festival (August 3, 4, 5, 2013 – Country Heritage Park, in Milton), I have promised to fill you in on some of the more pertinent details of what occurred at last year’s festival. It was certainly a day of discoveries! Although our village is small – compared to London where you live – with Pirates in the mix, one can never be sure of what will happen! For example – Mr. Sparsgood, with an ally in Frederick, demanded a voice on the Women’s Council! Had I been thinking quickly, I would have advised him that he needed to dress the part – but the village council is so full of business, that I admit it was not until later that I thought of this idea! I did manage to have his voice stand for only half a vote, however, so we should be able to maintain control of the council!
You will also recall that last year I spoke of a giant treasure – there was a sign on it that proclaimed it was Blackbeard’s treasure, but it turned out that it was actually the Major General’s treasure – which he subsequentially lost to the pirates – as could be expected in a village full of them! No one seems quite willing to guess what happened to it all since then – but some of the pirates and villagers seem to have disappeared at around the same time – suspicious to say the least! I shall continue to investigate, and inform you of any findings!





It also came to light that the Major General’s daughters were not actually his – I wondered where they had all come from – the girls are actually daughters of Blackbeard – Edward Teach by name – and they were quite surprised to find that out. Ever since finding out that pirating is in their blood, they have been difficult to deal with – young girls are always full of spunk, but girls brought up as ladies only to have such a revelation of pirate heritage are infinitely worse, I assure you! The Major General certainly has his hands full, as he remains their caretaker as a “favour” to Blackbeard.



A final, and more personal affront occurred at the Village Council – Katy – the herbalist, decided that she should be elected as the mayor of Dry Bluffs – a position that I had been hoping to attain. I am sure that she bribed her way to the position, but cannot come up with any proof! I still maintain that I am more suited to the job, having experience as the chair of the women’s council – but alas, she has been duly elected! She is quite proud of her position, and takes every opportunity to rub it in my face – an act which I cannot ignore for much longer! I must endeavour to find a way to put her back in her place! Your suggestions for this, and other problems I speak of are quite welcome! 
        Looking forward to seeing you!
Affectionately,
Anthea

2 comments:

  1. Mistress. I again have heard scandle of you! I have heard that you and your DEAR husband are indeed the only ones who can tell fools gold from that of real good. I am wondering if you intend that this will lead you to your goal of fame and fortune. And, If you were wealthy would Woody be kept?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, wagging tongues will talk!! A lady such as myself must use her every asset to guarantee her success! As to the latter part of your query, I prefer to focus on those things that are either useful, or beautiful. While some men have their uses, others can be anchors that stop a ship from exploring all that can be found on the wide blue ocean!

      Delete

Have a question or comment? Anthea loves hearing from you!