Friday 5 July 2013

2013 Pirate Festival!


My dear Lucy,
My apologies for not having written for so long – you must believe it has nothing to do with the fact that you were unable to attend our festival last year. I will continue to write in hopes that you can attend this year. This year’s festival is scheduled for August 3rd, 4th, and 5th – three days of fun in a village full of pirates! Do please re read the letters I sent you last year, and I shall take the opportunity over then next few months to acquaint you with all that occurred at last year’s festival, and share plans for this year!



        First, I hope you will allow me to share something of a more personal nature – I almost succeeded in “trading up”! Of course, being such a secluded village, we practice barter as a means to get what we want, (you will remember the cookie incident I told you of),  and at last year’s festival I actually managed to trade Mr. Sparsgood for a dreamy man called “Matt”. This was done at the behest of his wife – who actually suggested the trade, and did not back out when I pointed out Mr. Sparsgood, so I marched across the field and introduced myself to my new husband “Matt”. Though it was a surprise to him, he was amiable, and had a delicious accent to boot, and I spent the rest of the day waving at him, and ensuring that his children would remain with his wife. We even had a portrait taken together! Alas, by the end of the day, his original wife absconded with “Matt”, and I was left bereft. If you see him in your travels, do be sure to remind him of me!
        Of course, you are likely wondering how all this came about – in truth, I was more than a little upset with Mr. Sparsgood, and spent much of the day trying to rid myself of him. You see, I had my sights set on a man of more impressive … wealth… qualities, and Mr. Sparsgood had gotten to be quite underfoot. I am a little ashamed to admit that trading him away was likely the least aggressive method I attempted. I discovered that the man has the most astonishing luck when it comes to self preservation. Whatever I tried, my plans were foiled. Potions, poisons, blades and more – none had the desired effect! All day, I asked for help in ridding myself of him, but at the end of the day, I was still stuck with Mr. Sparsgood!  I have resigned myself to the fact that unless his luck changes, and he suffers some accident, for the time being, my marriage to a non pirate will remain in effect.



        I shall write about less personal matters in my next few letters, for I still have much to tell you of all that occurred, and what you can expect this coming year! For the time being, you may find out more details at our website which has an all new look!  www.thepiratefestival.com
Affectionately,
Anthea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or comment? Anthea loves hearing from you!